Oracle License Buyer's Guide - Oracle Database Product Lineup
Oracle Database Enterprise Edition (DB EE)
The database provides improved performance, improved availability, high security and several other features.
- Additional paid options are available.
- The minimum number of users is25NUP/1Processor.
- Core factors need to be applied when using multi-core processors.
Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 (DB SE2)
An affordable database with all the features you need.
- Subject to applicable hardware (H/W) restrictions.
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is available on a limited basis.
*No longer supported since the release of Oracle Database 19C.
- The minimum number of users is10 NUP per computer.
- The license for Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 isgranted only for servers on which a maximum of two processors (two sockets)*1can be installed.
- For RAC, 1 CPU (processor) x 2 nodes can be configured. Applicable servers remain the same with a maximum of 2 sockets.
- Regardless of the number of licenses granted, each Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 database can useup to 16 CPU threads per instance at any given time*2.
- In a RAC configuration, each Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 database can useup to 8 CPU threads per instance at any given time.
- When a client orders a Named User Plus (NUP) license,10 NUP is required even if the number of users using one server is less than 10.
- *1: For the maximum number of processors (sockets) that can be installed, refer to the Processor License item in the glossary of terms at the following URL.
- *2 CPU threads do not necessarily equate to the number of CPU cores installed. For example, if an Intel CPU is installed and hyperthreading is enabled on that CPU, it refers to the logical CPU cores recognized by the OS. The CPU thread limit in SE2 is implemented as a technical limitation in the Oracle Database 12c (188.8.131.52 or later) software and need not be set by the client.
Standard Edition 2 (SE2) Examples of Availability
|Server configuration diagram||Case1
Maximum number of processors supported
(Number of sockets)
|Actual number of processors
|Availability of RAC with SE2
(RAC configuration with two of the above machines)
|Note||Both SE2 and SE2RAC are available since the number of processors supported is less than 2 (2 sockets).||Both SE2 and SE2RAC are available since the number of processors supported is less than 2 (2 sockets).||SE2RAC configuration is not available as it is only possible with 1 CPU (processor) x 2 nodes.||Neither SE2 nor SE2RAC is available because the number of processors supported is more than 2 (2 sockets).|
Oracle Database Product Pricing
|Product name||Price unit||License price||Support price|
|Oracle Database Enterprise Edition||Named User Plus||JPY 114,000||JPY 25,080|
|Processor||JPY 5,700,000||JPY 1,254,000|
|Oracle Database Standard Edition 2||Named User Plus||JPY 42,000||JPY 9,240|
|Processor||JPY 2,100,000||JPY 462,000|
- All prices are tax exclusive.
- Prices listed were applicable as of the date of listing. Contact our sales representatives for the latest prices.